Even with all that water around, bathrooms take a little additional work to make them fire safe.
- Install light bulbs with wattages that are at or below a fixture’s recommended wattage.
- Be sure matches, lighters and candles are secured out of children’s reach.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets with cords from too many appliances. Plug them in one at a time.
- If an electrical outlet or switch feels unusually warm, stop using it and call an electrician.
- Never set hot appliances on flammable materials.
- Unplug all appliances when done using them.
- Make sure cords from appliances are not getting pinched in drawers.
- Keep towels and other flammables at least three feet away from space heaters.